One day like any other, I was looking for inspiration in iN-PUBLIC Instagram profile, and I found a great picture, then look the author, go to his website and take a look on his portfolio and believe me, I couldn’t stop watching his pictures. So I contact him to make this 10 questions and lucky me, he took the time to answer them.
10 Questions to Peter Kool (iN-PUBLiC)
1) How was your first contact with photography?
Photography awoke my interest by taking pictures of my children, the outcome of a film I shot intriged me every time.
2) Have you studied or are you self-taught?
I attended The Academy of Fine Arts in Sint-Niklaas, Belgium from 1980 to 1985.
4) What photographers do you admire?
CartierBresson, Winogrand, Erwitt, Weegee; to mention some.
5) What is the best advice about photography that you have been given?
Don’t get cramps in your trigger finger.
6) What components should a photo have to be good?
When you say a good photo has to be so and so, then one day you will see a great photo which hasn’t these components. So no rules for me; like people say a good photo has to ‘work’.
8) What was your worst photographic experience?
I was surrounded by some guys in New York who wanted money because I took pictures and not even theirs. Another guy came to see what was going on and they slunked of.
The guy called the police and I got a free ride in a police car through Manhattan, looking for the muggers.
10) A good advice for beginners who want to dedicate themselves to full time photography?
Train yourself to endure hunger.
Thank you Peter !